Thursday, April 7, 2011

Takeoff!

The anticipation of this group of 25 eighth and ninth graders reached a full peak as we were sitting on the plane waiting for take-off.  The students, no doubt, we thinking of what they were excited about and what they were hoping to come away with after returning home from this first ever study trip for this age group.  The following entry really captures everything that we’re hoping these students experience, feel, and learn:

Noah K.
On this trip I’m looking forward to a lot of things.  A lot of what I’m looking forward to is meeting new people and getting to be their friend.  I’m also looking forward to the experience of learning about the Jews’ role in the Civil Rights Movement.  It will be very interesting to learn about it because frankly I had no idea that that Jews had any role in the movement.  Besides the reasons why we’re going on the trip, I’m looking forward to all the sites and museums we’re going to.  Since my school is very small, getting to hang out with other people is very good at my age (14).  For me, it is important to have a social life and I feel that this trip will help me make new friends.  I hope to Facebook friends once I get back to NYC.  I’m so excited to embark on the Civil Rights Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment